Friday, October 5, 2012

My Teacher, My Hero

        What is a teacher's role in a student's life? Literally speaking a teacher is the one who provides us student,s education. We all know that they are not just simply educators, but they are also our second parents, a friend, an instructor, and many more. Teachers do have a lot of roles in a student's life. Five days a week, 10 hours a day students are in school, and we spend more time with the person inside the campus which includes our classmates, batch mates, school mates, school faculty members and the teachers . Whenever we are inside the campus, the teachers serve as our parents, though we are really not related by blood. They are the ones guiding  us, improving our skills, filling our brains with useful information, disciplining us whenever it is needed, and motivating us to do more or better. Truly our teachers are hero. Why? They do sacrifice a lot of things for their students, because its the call of their duty and also because it is also in their hearts.Without them we will not be educated, without them we will not have a better future and without them no one will touch our lives. 

          Starting from pre-school up to now I do met a lot of teachers who will always be a part of me. I can still remember some of my teachers during my pre-school and elementary life. Namely they are: Ma'am Ria, Ma'am Avic, Ma'am Roda, Ma'am Jenny,Ma'am Thess, Ma'am Malou, Ma'am Tina, Ma'am Michelle, Ma'am Elsie, Ma'am Milet, Ma'am Charito, Ma'am Pescasio, Sir Carlito, Sir Pio and many more. And now my high school teachers, who helps me finish another stepping stone in my life; Ma'am Belle, Ma'am JennyLou, Ma'am Myra, Ma'am del Valle, Ma'am Nila, Ma'am Eve, Ma'am Orsal, Ma'am Chato, Ma'am Mye, Sir Ces, Sir Tom, Ma'am Tenny, Ma'am Elaine, Ma'am Digma, Ma'am Jeannete, Ma'am Juliet, Ma'am Maricar, Ma'am Jenny Anne, Ma'am Malou, Ma'am April, Ma'am Ruby, Ma'am Lucky, Ma'am Arlyn, Ma'am May and Ma'am Pareja.


           Before entering high school I was somehow lazy, stubborn and I really don't like to read books or to study. I'am used to that way of studying when I was in elementary, but then back when I was in first year high, there is this teacher who really struck my heart. She is known as the "strict science teacher", and yes, she is Ma'am Emelinda Pareja. Our Natural Science class is our second period every morning. Every time I will enter the NatScie Lab I have this nervous feeling that my heart wants to jump off my chest. I have been scolded for several times by her, I never experienced it before but that makes it worth. First grading and second grading I seldom scan my science books or any other subject books, but there is this incident that Ma'am Pereja's words affect me so much I came to a point asking myself questions and after some days it made me realize what I really need to do. I need to study hard, strive to attain  higher grades. From that day till the end of my first school year in high school I have observed that my grades are really higher compared from the two previous grading. Yes, she is somehow a terror teacher but it's her way to discipline, motivate and encourage her students to study well. She has really touched my life a lot, and I've changed for the better. She is a great teacher and a mother for us also, she is a hero.


         I've known lots of heroes like batman, superman, wonder woman but none of them can beat my teachers. Every single teacher that comes to my life, have touched and made a big effort to help and reach out for their students. Their efforts are priceless and I can say that without my teachers I will never be who I'am today and who I will be in the future because my teacher is my super hero. 







No comments:

Post a Comment